Atlantis Arisen
October 05, 2022, 07:32:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dino-Killing Asteroid Traced to Cosmic Collision
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/070905_killer_asteroid.html

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Lost Season Finale

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Season Finale  (Read 169 times)
Zodiac
Atlantean

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2010, 03:08:31 pm »

Andy         May 24th, 2010 10:40 am ET

If you didnt understand the ending, then much like Ana Lucia: "You're not ready yet."
As for the island's secrets, Locke told Jack: "Its just a damn island"

The show was never about the island, it was about the people and their journey.

I personally enjoyed the ending except for the the extra 30 minutes of commercials that drug out the show

Flag this comment

Reggie         May 24th, 2010 10:40 am ET

I've never sen this show. Can someone sum it up quick?

Flag this comment

Deeba         May 24th, 2010 10:41 am ET

I am in the "I use to love it but now am extremely disappointed camp." No I didn't miss the point, I just think it's a pandering and condescending way to end an incredible series. If you are going to completely rip off the ending of Narnia Chronicles at least do it justice. If I wanted to see every character hug in slow motion for the last twenty minutes I would have put on the Hallmark Channel. I mean come on when a hospital procedural drama (shout out St. Elsewhere) does that exact same ending in a more creative manner you've got problems. Also writers how dare you tell everyone it's not purgatory, next time you should probably just say "no comment" and realize that purgatory is an idea to many people more than an exact location and you re-labeling purgatory as a sideways dimension doesn't change the general theme.

Flag this comment

ronjon         May 24th, 2010 10:41 am ET

Why would anyone watch this show? It would be too easy to make some "lost" joke but I don't find this attraction to a garbage show funny. It's rather sad.

Flag this comment

Jim         May 24th, 2010 10:42 am ET

Namaste. See you in another life, brother.

Flag this comment

KisaSkee         May 24th, 2010 10:42 am ET

Maybe it was entertaining, but I'm disappointed. People guessed the first season that this was purgatory, that the islanders had died etc. Producers specifically stated that they were not dead, and this was not purgatory. Why??? They could have stayed silent about it then and kept us waiting. Instead they mislead everyone and lied. If I wanted to be lied to for 6 years, I could have gotten married again.

Flag this comment

Dr. Bombay         May 24th, 2010 10:42 am ET

The final shot of the plane crash explained it all–they all died in the plane.

Very interesting depiction of the battle between heaven and hell, and the trials one must go through on this level to get to the next. Interesting how your father will always be waiting for you...or maybe your grandma or grandpa.

Flag this comment

m         May 24th, 2010 10:42 am ET

Not bad but 5 minutes of the show folowed by 5 minutes of commercials was pretty
freaking distracting!

Flag this comment

Matt         May 24th, 2010 10:42 am ET

So they all died on the plane crash? When did Swyer die? When did Kate die? When did Hurley die? Why did Linus not go into the church, he's not dead ?but at least 20 to 30 years older than Hurley? I feel like they needed to end the show and, I feel thirsty for something more. After this I now know to never get involved in any more shows like this.... total waste of time.

Flag this comment

megrcam51         May 24th, 2010 10:42 am ET

Wonderful finale! What I love about this show is that while you watch it, you have no clue what's going on but it's the thinking and the discussions afterward that makes the lightbulb go off and you realize what a great story you are watching.

When I realized that it was the island that was real and not the "flash-sideways" I was glad because that would have been too predictable. When the island sequence ended with Jack in the bamboo field and the close-up of his eyes, with Vincent barking - WONDERFUL!

Flag this comment

jonthes         May 24th, 2010 10:43 am ET

No, they didn't die in the initial crash and no they didn't die when the bomb went off. They died as seen this season, with the 'sideways' scenes being their 'holding pattern', in fact being flash forwards to their 'limbos' before accepting death. It took me reading posts to get it.

Though it's OK that not everything was explained about the island, the force, what made the Smoke Monster etc. all of that was comic book level, modern comic book level. As was the nuclear bomb, time travel plot. It was a childish level of writing that the first season never stooped to.

I'm actually put off by how religious it was (as opposed to purely spiritual), because no one on the show practiced religion in any way save Mr. Eco, who was a fraud. It was pop religion actually.

Flag this comment

Lost fan         May 24th, 2010 10:43 am ET

I loved the series but it felt a little like a St. Elsewhere kind of ending. I would have liked to seen a more rousing battle between Locke and Jack since they seemed like archetypes-nothing like a fantastic duel to the death. The hints of how it would end were all over the place but that's OK.
To be fair, I think LOST will be viewed as a classic in the future considering the top notch production values and great characters. Cable and broadcast TV such for the most part. This was one of just two TV shows I watch in a week and I will miss the quality of the program. Thanks to all the actors, directors, screenwriters, crew, and producers. It's been a good ride and thank you for the journey.

Flag this comment

Bill K NY         May 24th, 2010 10:43 am ET

Lost is the drawn out version of the 1990 film "Jacob's Ladder."

'Jacob's Ladder' tells the truely terrifying story of a traumatised Vietnam war veteran, who, as he returns to civilian life, begins to hallucinate. Visualising horned creatures and visited by his dead son, Jacob Singer downwardly spirals into a life of confusion and horror as he searches for the truth behind his Vietnam experience and tries to make sense of what is happening to him. 'Jacob's Ladder' is a thriller, a horror, and a 'Twilight-Zone'-style mystery all rolled into this one classic film....

The description of Jacob's ladder appears in the Book of Genesis (28:11–19):
Jacob left Beersheba, and went toward Haran. He came to the place and stayed there that night, because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones of the place, he put it under his head and lay down in that place to sleep. And e dreamed that there was a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven; and behold, the angels of God were ascending and descending on it!

Flag this comment

Steve         May 24th, 2010 10:43 am ET

So, I thought I had it figured out and now you people have me questioning it all over again!

I thought, after last night, that the island was in fact purgatory. I figured that they had all died in the plane crash and were living in purgatory. When the 6 left, they were still in purgatory and had to return in order to finish their business and "let go". Those who had died when on the island had already let go.

Either way, still one of the best series finales ever!

Flag this comment

C         May 24th, 2010 10:44 am ET

A fantastic ending to one of the greatest shows of all time. I loved every moment of the entire series. I'm fine with things being left unanswered then I think if you are hung up on those little things you completely missed the point of the show. I didn't fully expect Lost to end the way that it did but I really liked how it ended. I'm looking forward to starting the whole series over after a little break. A 10 out of 10 IMO.

Flag this comment

Nick         May 24th, 2010 10:44 am ET

George Lucas called, he wants the end of Return of the Jedi back.

Flag this comment

Master Obvious         May 24th, 2010 10:44 am ET

Ok, so I watched this show like, 3 or 4 times in the 1st season and thats it....and BACK THEN, I INSISTED to my friends, hey folks.....THEY'RE DEAD!!! Sheesh.

Flag this comment

JJ         May 24th, 2010 10:44 am ET

I believe there are two main followers of LOST. You have type A which one could I believe there are two main followers of LOST. You have type A which one could be characterized as “I H8te Lost But I Used To Love It.” That individual seems to be the type that needs questions answered, and there is nothing wrong with that. To question, to be curious, is part of what it means to be human. There is also a type B who may care more about the journey rather than having the questions answer, and that too has nothing wrong with it. That is what is so beautiful about LOST. It is diverse and open for interpretation as long as one approaches it with an open mind.

I for one loved the finale. I’ve never been so moved by a television series before, and I am really going to miss the show and its characters. For me it was all about the journey, and I’m glad I invested my time in the show because my ROI (return on investment) was high for me. The finale left me satisfied and left me thinking. I could not have asked for more.

Flag this comment

Linda         May 24th, 2010 10:44 am ET

I watched in awe as the finale unfolded. Though I remained somewhat confused at its conclusion, reading some of the posts has helped. For instance, I couldn't understand why Penny was at the church, but if it represented the living also letting go of the dead, I can get that. As I have with many of the episodes, I will certainly watch the finale again (and probably again and again) until I can truly "let go" of Lost. While this was a phenomenal show, I hope it opens the flood gates for other series that treat the audience like intelligent people capable of the thought necessary to come to conclusions. I also thought repeating several key episodes with plot assistance under the video was a great way of providing some background to the scenes that might have occurred in other seasons / episodes and might have been forgotten. Kudos to all involved in the writing, producing and directing the show, and a million thanks to the brilliant cast. It could not have been more satisfying....

Flag this comment

Debbie         May 24th, 2010 10:44 am ET

I need to sit down and watch all 6 seasons at once. I loved the show the first few years and the spotty times after that when I found the time to watch. Good serial TV shows that make you think are so few and far between. If you need everythign spelled out for you, this is not your type of show.

Flag this comment

LISA         May 24th, 2010 10:45 am ET

I was very disappointed and expected much more. It was all wrapped up in a pretty bow with no real answers. Come on people it was just shy of the Bobby Ewing Dallas dream.

I loved Lost, wasted 6 years of my life on this bummer ending. Anyone who really loved the show as I did should see the disasterous ending this was. Yead it was emotional, but you have to have substance too. Hopefully someday, a big screen movie can be done and clean this mess up.

Flag this comment

Laura R.         May 24th, 2010 10:45 am ET

what I took from the finale, is this whole thing boiled down to Jack. His journey through this whole thing and the people that he interacted with on the way. The island, jacob, the man in black, the others, they were all secondary really, props along his journey. Ending with his eye (like in the pilot episode) watching the plane with Frank, Richard, Miles, Sawyer, Kate and Claire leaving the island was very poetic. Jack handing the torch to Hurley, who kept Ben as his Richard. Desmond was injured but alive. The boat that Desmond shipwrecked on was still at Hydra Island, so maybe he could use it to return to Penny. The sideway parallel universe being just a meeting place for all these people to come together when they died to "remember" each other before they crossed over. Loved that Jack got to talk to his father who told him, that yes he was dead, that they all were, but some before others. There was no time in this place. Even though Kate, Sawyer and Claire were there, they really had not died yet, but would in time and cross over like he would. Christian then walks through the chapel looking at all of them, he opens the doors to a bright light and walks in it. I assume they would walk though it in the order that they died. So the last 3 would be Kate, Sawyer and Claire, since they were technically still alive. One thing is when the credits were rolling, they showed the 815 airplane wreckage, and it crossed your mind "did they all die in the crash" but I really dont think so. I think it is just to remind us that these people were total strangers before and became closer than family. I've read some comments on face book. About half hated the ending and feel like it was a waste of 6 years, but I think I understand what they are trying to say, that Jack needed to let go, of alot of stuff. And in the end he did, and found peace.

Flag this comment

Debbie         May 24th, 2010 10:45 am ET

I meant "everything" in my last sentence.  :-P

Flag this comment

Fred Boge         May 24th, 2010 10:46 am ET

Spot on Bill K NY !

Flag this comment

BrickellPrincess         May 24th, 2010 10:46 am ET

I am so glad that it is over. You can tell the writers ran out of ideas and were just piecing anything together to fill an hour of TV. Good riddance! That show turned into a hot mess.

Flag this comment

Earth         May 24th, 2010 10:47 am ET

Everyone's raving about what amazing tv last night was and yea it was good emotional tv with lots of reunions and a definitive ending, but you're all forgetting about the time wasted on now seemingly irrelevant storylines like number punching and dharma initiative and walt and etc etc etc etc.

I was the biggest Lost fan for 2+ seasons until I realized it was just twist after twist going nowhere with the incessant promise that something would actually happen. I only watched the finale to see what kind of cop out ending they were going to give this. Fine, they're dead...I get it. Some rich hollywood guys just took you for a ride and got richer off it, throwing you a bunch of bs about spirituality and science in the process.

And boy did Nadia get the shaft! I guess Sayid opted not to rejoin with the love of his life like Des and Penny did in the church and instead went with the chick he banged on an island for a few days??

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum