Atlantis Arisen
April 19, 2024, 12:28:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sprawling Angkor Brought Down by Overpopulation, Study Suggests
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/08/070813-angkor-wat.html

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Steelers' Mendenhall creates stir with bin Laden tweets

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers' Mendenhall creates stir with bin Laden tweets  (Read 15 times)
Trent
Atlantean King

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2011, 03:10:33 pm »

Mendenhall sounds ridiculous (again)

STORY:  Steelers' Mendenhall creates stir with bin Laden tweets
Reading Rashard Mendenhall’s Twitter feed sounds like a guy who has taken a dangerous number of hits to the head.

You might recall the way Mendenhall tweeted support of the moronic stylings of Minnesota’s Adrian Peterson a while back, even after Peterson backed off comparing NFL players to slaves. Mendenhall specified that they run a parallel course. Yes. Well. Just as long as you ignore, I don’t know, everything.

Now Mendenhall said he doesn’t understand how people could hate Osama bin Laden and celebrate the killing of the man behind the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the United States.

“What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side...’’ R_Mendenhall tweeted Monday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out our crossword, sudoku and Jumble puzzles >>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a guy who claims to read, Mendenhall apparently didn’t read about bin Laden’s issuing a fatwa sanctioning the killing of Americans and Jews in 1988 after being suspected of organizing the killing of them in several previous murderous episodes.

Sounds like we indeed have heard from both sides.

Then came 9/11.

Not that Mendenhall believes the obvious reason that nearly 3,000 people died in that unspeakable tragedy.

“We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style’’ he tweeted.

How about two planes, pal. If you didn’t believe it the first time -- and no one did -- then how about the next one shortly thereafter? It was in all the newspapers, kid. It was on all the channels.

It doesn’t sound like you took science classes at Illinois. It doesn’t sound like you took a lot of classes at Illinois.

Several other Mendenhall tweets invoked religion, but recounting and debating them would mess up the central point of some remarkably stupid statements.

“There is not an ignorant bone in my body. I just encourage you to #think.’’ Mendenhall tweeted.

You know what I think? I think I’ll bring up another tweet that Mendenhall posted and apparently must be so proud of:

“It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. Solution, DON'T ARGUE. #islam #wisdom #think’’

He’s right. I’m done arguing.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum