Atlantis Arisen
April 19, 2024, 06:31:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Modern' Behavior Began 40,000 Years Ago In Africa, Evidence Suggests
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/07/980707073901.htm

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Protests in Madison

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Protests in Madison  (Read 364 times)
Lisa Wolfe
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2011, 01:25:40 pm »

Wis. AFL-CIO launches campaign against Walker's union plan

Posted: Feb 13, 2011 3:32 PM CST

Featured Video
  Statewide protests Sunday against budget repair bill

Enlarge this picture

Also on WKOW.com
UW chancellor reacts to budget repair bill
Protests statewide in response to Governor's budget repair bill
Students protest Gov. Walker's budget repair bill
Walker drops hammer on state workers
Governor's hard line renews public-private pay comparisons
Full summary of the Governor's budget repair bill
MILWAUKEE (WKOW) -- The Wisconsin State AFL-CIO has launched an advertising campaign against Republican Gov. Scott Walker's proposed bill that will take away almost all collective bargaining rights for most public workers.

According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, television and radio ads announced Sunday say Walker and other politicians plan to "take away rights of thousands of nurses, teachers and other trusted public employees." The ads say they are trying to pass the bill with almost no public debate.

The Wisconsin AFL-CIO represents over 250,000 members in more than 1,000 unions. Its ads follow one by the Club for Growth, which supports Walker's proposal, and says public workers have not had to make sacrifices while workers in the private sector have faced layoffs and pay cuts.

The changes would apply to all public employees except police, firefighters and state troopers.

Comments
Terms of Use: We welcome your participation in our community. Please keep your comments civil and on point. You must be at least 13 years of age to post comments. By submitting a comment, you agree to these Terms of Service
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Login or register
Leave a comment@Controls

Echo 10 ItemsAdmin 
 Edit My Profile 
 Follow 

Moderation 
 General Settings 
 Admin Notices 
   – UPSET
Public employees have had to make a ton of scarfices #1 and #2 they get paid a lot less than other PRIVATE employees but they took those pay cut because of the benefits. Also why not ALL public employess oh wait thats right they didn't give money to fund Walkers campaign.  I am a private employee BUT I also see what teachers and nurses and public employees deal with and they need something to keep at those jobs because we all know that they don't get paid well.
Today, 9:52:14 AM– Flag – Like
 – Reply
 – Delete – Edit – ModerateLiked byGuest Concerned
Public employees have had to make a ton of scarfices #1 and #2 they get paid a lot less than other PRIVATE employees but they took those pay cut because of the benefits. Also why not ALL public employess oh wait thats right they didn't give money to fund Walkers campaign.  I am a private employee BUT I also see what teachers and nurses and public employees deal with and they need something to keep at those jobs because we all know that they don't get paid well.
Today, 9:51:28 AM– Flag – Like
 – Reply
 – Delete – Edit – Moderate Concerned
 http://www.wkow.com/Global/story.asp?S=14021680
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum