Atlantis Arisen
March 28, 2024, 11:52:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Modern' Behavior Began 40,000 Years Ago In Africa, Evidence Suggests
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/07/980707073901.htm

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

9 Unforgettable Books About September 11

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9 Unforgettable Books About September 11  (Read 133 times)
Michelle Jahn
Administrator
Atlantean Hero

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2010, 01:24:07 pm »

views96When I started Flashlight Worthy Book Recommendations -- a website full of hundreds of lists of great books -- I thought to myself "This will be fun! Book Club Recommendations and Beach Reads."

Little did I realize how eager people would be to see book lists on heavier topics such as The Holocaust, cancer and of course... 9/11.

As someone who adopted New York as my home just two years before 9/11 -- and who watched the first tower fall with his own eyes -- I debated whether to create this book list. In the end though it deserves coverage like any other topic; ignoring it won't make it go away. I think that no matter your literal or emotional distance from Ground Zero on September 11, 2001 there's at least one book on this list for you.

Finally, while in my opinion these are some of the best books about 9/11, I'm sure there are dozens of excellent titles I've missed. If you know of any, drop by Flashlight Worthy and let me know what I've missed.

'102 Minutes: The Untold Story of the Fight to Survive Inside the Twin Towers' by Kevin Flynn and Jim Dwyer  1 of 10 

The Moneyless Man: How Did Mark Boyle Spend A Year Without Spending A Dollar? (PHOTOS)
  Celebrate Rosh Hashanah: 8 Favorite Fictional Jewish Characters In Books (PHOTOS)
  Crowdsource The Third World America Book Tour: Get Arianna To Come Speak To Your Group!
  Dante's 'Divine Comedy' As Graphic Novel By Seymour Chwast
  'Working Together': Michael Eisner Highlights 11 Great Partnerships (PHOTOS)
  The 11 Longest Words In The English Language (PHOTOS)
 As someone who's made his home in New York for the last 9 years -- and literally watched the first of the Twin Towers fall -- reading about 9/11 can be extremely difficult. This title -- a literal minute-by-minute account from the moment the first plane struck to the moment the 2nd tower fell -- strikes me as the perfect balance of dispassionate, inspiring and honest.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum