Atlantis Arisen
March 28, 2024, 10:05:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tiny Galactic Building Blocks Spotted
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/070906_toy_galaxies.html

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

NBA 2K'11 Review - Michael Jordan Is Still King of The NBA

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NBA 2K'11 Review - Michael Jordan Is Still King of The NBA  (Read 177 times)
Michael Terranova
Atlantean King

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2010, 03:04:03 pm »

NBA 2K'11 Review - Michael Jordan Is Still King of The NBA

It's entirely fitting that Michael Jordan is on the cover of NBA 2K11 because the greatest NBA player of all time belongs with one of the best NBA games of all time. Yep, it's that good.
It's got a great TV-like presentation, a highly detailed franchise mode, and tremendous gameplay, Oh, and did we mention MJ? When I started NBA 2K11 for the first time, I got tingles because the game instantly takes you to Chicago Stadium for Game 1 of the 1991 NBA Finals against the Lakers. You follow Jordan as he walks down the tunnel, turns his head towards you as he is about to enter the floor and asks "Are you ready?" It's a seriously awesome piece of Jordan fan service.
Speaking of which, there's also the Jordan Challenge mode, which allows players to relive 10 different "legendary" games from Michael Jordan's career. You can try to torch the Cavs for 69 points like His Airness did in 1990, try to battle back from the flu and defeat the Jazz in Game 6 of the 1997 NBA Finals, or his last game as a Bull on June 14, 1998.
Complete those and you can unlock a MJ: Creating a Legend mode offering gamers the chance to be a rookie Michael and craft a new career for him on any current NBA team. Jordan vs. LeBron anyone?
Add this to improved core gameplay, including all-new IsoMotion dribbling controls, deeper My Player mode with new My Career feature visual, upgradable Jordan sneakers and much more and you get pure awesome if you're an NBA fan.
GameSmith Rating: 9/10
(NOTE: A PS3 retail copy of the game was provided to GameSmith for review purposes)
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/gamesmith/2010/10/nba-2k11-review---michael-jordan-is-still-king-of-the-nba.html
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum