Atlantis Arisen
March 28, 2024, 02:15:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ruins of 7,000-year-old city found in Egypt oasis
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080129/wl_mideast_afp/egyptarchaeology

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Bulls' Rose gives lowdown on Obama's game

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bulls' Rose gives lowdown on Obama's game  (Read 84 times)
Michael Terranova
Atlantean King

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2010, 03:05:18 pm »

Bulls' Rose gives lowdown on Obama's game
August 13, 2010 11:45 AM | 6 Comments
 Staff report

Bulls guard Derrick Rose was among a group of NBA players invited to the White House recently for President Barack Obama's birthday party, and came away with this assessment of the Chief Executive's basketball skills.

"He's left-handed, he's not that quick," Rose told "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on WMVP-AM 1000. "He has his own swag about himself. He plays with a lot of confidence, I'll tell you that.

"It was really fun. He hit a game-winning shot one time. I could have blocked his shot one time, but I didn't want to get kicked out of the White House, so I let him shoot."

(Photo: White House / Peter Souza)
Rose likes the Bulls' offseason addition of Carlos Boozer and said he's looking forward to going up against LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and the rest of the new-look Miami Heat.

"It's going to be fun," Rose said. "I don't know about everybody else's team, but I think my team is ready for war."

Asked if he'd tried to recruit James to play for the Bulls, Rose said, "Really couldn't get in contact with him. My thing was that if he really wanted to come, he would have come, no matter what. He's grown, he makes his own decisions, and to him, he made the right decision. So everybody got to live with it. He has to live with it."
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum