Atlantis Arisen
March 29, 2024, 09:57:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Vatican is looking for more exorcists to fight the growing interest in Satanism.
http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/02/04/vinci.vatican.exorcist.cnn

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Reinsdorf: 'I think we'll be better' than Heat

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reinsdorf: 'I think we'll be better' than Heat  (Read 6 times)
Michael Terranova
Atlantean King

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2010, 03:12:45 pm »

Reinsdorf: 'I think we'll be better' than Heat
July 9, 2010 2:35 PM | 3 Comments
By K.C. Johnson

Jerry Reinsdorf doesn't have LeBron James, but he does still have a sense of humor.

"I forgot to watch TV last night," the Bulls' chairman said Friday in a phone interview. "Anything happen?"

What happened, of course, is that James spurned the Bulls to join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami. But Reinsdorf said he has no regrets about the Bulls' free-agency pursuits and disputed a report the Bulls refused to meet James' personal demands during their July 3 sitdown in Cleveland.

"He didn't ask for special privileges except for us to hire his trainer," Reinsdorf said. "And we said yes to that. That was it. We certainly didn't say no to anything.

"Look, what these players did was follow a dream, which is their absolute right. They took less money to play together. And LeBron would've made so much more money off the court playing in Chicago than he will in Miami. But they're following a dream. I respect that.

"I also think we're a better team than Miami right now, assuming we get a shooting guard. Of course, with LeBron we would've been a great team. Without him, we're still going to be a very good team. If you look at the Miami roster with these three guys but not much else, I think we'll be better next year."

Reinsdorf said his favorite moment from the Bulls' free-agent pursuits was watching James and new coach Tom Thibodeau talk basketball. James praised Thibodeau during Thursday night's announcement special.

"The interplay between those two was particularly enjoyable," Reinsdorf said. "They had a great basketball discussion. I was really impressed with Thibodeau.

"I enjoyed the process, not only with LeBron but with everybody else. We made great presentations."

Wade met with the Bulls twice over 30 hours on July 1 and 2 and many have speculated Wade only did so disingeniously.

"I don't think he was," Reinsdorf said. "All along, his preference was to go back to Miami; I don't doubt that. But at some point, he was concerned LeBron wasn't going to go there and he would end up all alone. And he considered us seriously as a backup. I got the impression that we were under serious consideration, both from Dwyane and his representative."

Ultimately, the Bulls landed two-time All-Star power forward Carlos Boozer, who was to be introduced Friday afternoon at the Berto Center. Boozer left a Cavaliers franchise led by then-general manager Jim Paxson -- who is now a Bulls' consultant -- under controversial circumstances when the franchise accused him of reneging on a verbal commitment to join the Jazz.

"Thibodeau wanted Boozer over (Chris) Bosh," Reinsdorf said. "He was ecstatic when we got him.

"And we've talked about trading for Boozer over the last few years and Jim always encouraged us to get him if we could."

In other news, the Bulls acquired a 2011 second-round pick after completing a sign-and-trade of Hakim Warrick to the Suns.

Click here to sign up for breaking news, business and sports alerts.

Share this story:
Twitter Facebook Email
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum