Atlantis Arisen
April 19, 2024, 05:53:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Atlantis Arisen

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Stax/Volt Revue - Live in Norway 1967

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stax/Volt Revue - Live in Norway 1967  (Read 47 times)
Mandy
Atlantean King

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2010, 03:03:43 pm »

If You Love Soul Music, Don't Miss This Remastered DVD: Considered by soul music fans to be one of the greatest lineups of artists ever to grace the concert stage, this DVD features stunning performances by Otis Redding, Sam and Dave, Eddie Floyd, Arthur Conley, The Mar-Keys and the legendary Booker T. & The MGs. "Stax/Volt Revue - Live in Norway 1967"
From the Legendary STAX Label
BuzzFlash.com's Review (excerpt)
"This is by far the greatest live DVD I have ever seen. You want to see what entertainment is? Watch Sam & Dave. You want to see what it's like to hold the audience in the palm of your hand? Watch Otis Redding. You want to see the greatest set of musicians ever assembled in Rock & Roll? Watch Booker T. & The M.G's/The Mar-Keys. Nothing else compares to this."

"I have had this dvd constantly in my player for over a week now, and Booker T. and the MG's, The Mar-Keys, Arthur Conley (doin' a bit of Otis, with him on the same bill!!), Sam and Dave, (pulling all stops on their fabulous foot routines), not forgetting Eddie Floyd and Otis Redding at their best, gives me so much pleasure and takes me back to the "real" music. I am especially happy that Otis version of My Girl is included here."

Playlist on DVD:

1 Red Beans and Rice Booker T. & the MG's
2 Green Onions Booker T. & the MG's
3 Philly Dog Mar Keys
4 Grab This Thing Mar Keys
5 Last Night Mar Keys
6 In the Midnight Hour Arthur Conley
7 Sweet Soul Music Arthur Conley
8 Raise Your Hand Eddie Floyd
9 You Don't Know Like I Know Sam & Dave
10 Soothe Me Sam & Dave
11 When Something Is Wrong with My Baby Sam & Dave
12 Hold On! I'm Comin' Sam & Dave
13 Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa (Sad Song) Otis Redding
14 My Girl Otis Redding
15 Shake Otis Redding
16 Satisfaction Otis Redding
17 Try a Little Tenderness Otis Redding

Buy more progressive premiums to support BuzzFlash progressive news and commentary (we accept no advertising, corporate or otherwise to maintain our complete independence)by going to The BuzzFlash Progressive Marketplace.
Read The Full Review >>>
http://www.buzzflash.com/store/reviews/2268
Other Reviews
"The Holy Grail has surfaced at last! If you are reading this, you love Memphis Soul, so what are you waiting for! Buy this disc! The packaging is great, with a nice booklet of over a dozen pages written by the author of Soulville. The band is incredible all the way through. I was still on the edge of my seat the second time through the show! If you love Stax, this might move you to tears! BUY IT!"
Learn More >>>
http://www.buzzflash.com/store/items/2268
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum