Atlantis Arisen
March 28, 2024, 04:00:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Vatican is looking for more exorcists to fight the growing interest in Satanism.
http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/02/04/vinci.vatican.exorcist.cnn

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

EDGAR CAYCE'S Story of Atlantis - From The Readings

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EDGAR CAYCE'S Story of Atlantis - From The Readings  (Read 1992 times)
Bianca
Atlantean Hero

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 12:23:19 pm »

Desiree

Re: Edgar Cayce's ATLANTIS
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 10:44:04 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of the Atlantis stuff is out there, but maybe we are just not reading it right.

One of his other predictions was that the Nile had a tributary that led to the Atlantic Ocean.  Sounds strange, right?  Only satellite images have recently found that there used to be one, but it is dried up now.

I am certain that Cayce had some kind of unusual powers of prophecy. His accuracy was meaured at something like 86%, and, unlike Nostradamus, did not speak in vague riiddles that could be anything.
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Atlantean Hero

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 12:25:02 pm »

Desiree

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 10:46:47 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had given a book on Cayce to my mom and grandma about 10 years back, and they just loved him and bought up all the books on him, well then they heard the evangelists and they threw out all their Cayce books.

I just do not understand the hold those evangelical ministers have on their flock.  Time and again, guys like Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swaggert and Ted Haggerd have been unmasked as frauds, and stll they follow people like that like sheep.

They have almost a "cultlike" following.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Atlantean Hero

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 12:26:49 pm »

unknown

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007, 10:53:36 pm » Quote 

Oh, he definately had a unique gift, at least it is unique in our time. He cured a lot of patients that were diagnosed as incurable, in fact most of the people that went to him did so because the doctors couldn't help them. He would lay down on a couch and diagnose and treat people he had never seen in person.

Just totally amazing, and all documented.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 12:14:41 pm by unknown »  Report to moderator    Logged 

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Atlantean Hero

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 12:28:22 pm »

Desiree

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2007, 11:05:33 pm » Quote 

Hard to believe that people like Pat Robertson would have a problem with him, isn't it?  I have to dig up some more on that.

I have heard that he could never turn anyone down who wanted a reading, and that all that extra energy he expended was what ended up killing him.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Atlantean Hero

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 02:15:14 pm »

Desiree

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2007, 11:17:04 pm » Quote 

Bianca & Unknown,

Check this out.

This guy claims to be the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce.  They do look similar you have to admit!

IS EDGAR CAYCE BACK IN THE WORLD?

"Edgar Cayce is back. His name is David Wilcock. This book threatens to shake the metaphysical world.!!!" - Suzette Myers, Publisher, The Light

"This book may be the most important work in contemporary spirituality as it explains how to maintain one's connection to divinity on a planet in transition!!!" - Reverend Beverly Craig, Sr. Minister, La Cresenta Church of Religous Science

Story Overview: Edgar Cayce, who died in 1945, has the reputation of
being the western world's most famous and documented psychic/prophet.He left a
legacy of 15,000 readings and since his death, 500 books have been written about
him, on such diverse topics as alternative health, past lives, and future prophecy.

The life circumstances of 31 year old kentucky resident, David Wilcock, have led him
to believe he is the reincarnation of Cayce. In 1996 Wilcock started recording his
dreams and upon waking up and reviewing the notepad by his bed, he found a series
of sentences, giving him advice, instead of dreams. Eventually the sentences would
make predictions of events in Wilcock's future and happenings in the world.

After a year of ongoing dialogue, Wilcock's dream voice requested that he move to
Virginia Beach, the home of the Edgar Cayce foundation. Having an interest in
spiritual phenomena since his childhood, Wilcock visited the institute and upon
passing through the front door, he found everyone in the room intensely stareing at
him.. It turns out he was the spitting image of a young Edgar Cayce.

Wilcock immediately went home and asked his dream voice why he looked like Edgar
Cayce. The answer - He was. But this lifetime, his highest mission was different from
Cayce's. Where Cayce spent his life doing past life readings, health readings, and
prophecy, Wilcock was asked to explain a dimensional shift planet earth is in the
midst of, the end of a 75,000 year cycle.

He immediately began a study of Cayce, and to his amazement, he learned Cayce
predicted that he would return in 1998 and live in Virginia Beach. It was November of
1997 that Wilcock was told he was Cayce. His dream voice guided him to Virginia
Beach to make sure he fulfilled the prophecy.

Then he found that he was born on the one day of 127 years where hisastrological
planetary configurations exactly matched Cayce's, with odds of 300,000 to one.

Los Angeles, poet, songwriter, metaphysical journalist, Wynn Free, is the principal
author of a book about the Wilcock/Cayce connection, entitled The Reincarnation of
Edgar Cayce which has become one of his publisher's top 10 best selling books.
Famous 60's spoon bender, Uri Geller, after studying the case, has allowed his own
endorsement to be used on the cover of the book.

What might be the benefit of the book to you?

If you have been a student of the Edgar Cayce material - It will fulfill the desire for
continuity. Part One of the book examines with a fine tooth comb all the parallels
between Cayce and Wilcock and most readers believe the case is made.

If you have doubts about your immortality - The book explains the manner in which
soul evolution takes place with new information never before presented to the public
and backed up by current scientific research. There is no requirement for faith or
religous conviction although it gives credible back up for the religous doctrines
which formerly required a leap of faith.

If you wonder what's going on in the world from a celestial perspective - The book
presents the verbatim words from a group oversoul who is dedicated to helping the
inhabitants of planet earth evolve. Most readers are finding wisdom, solace, and
guidance through this present catalytic period which mankind is passing.

If you are concerned about earth changes and that we are in the end times - The
book explains in great detail the significance of Jesus's prophecies regarding our
present period. It ties together the Mayan calander end date of 2012, the Hindu
predictions of Kali Yuga, and more. It gives the updates on Cayce's inundation
prophecies and gives the approximate periods for major earth changes.

If you want to make your own direct connection with the other side - The book tells
you how, with the explicit directions from the celestial source speaking through
Wilcock, who, by implication, also spoke through Cayce. Many readers have
experienced an enhanced awareness of their own higher selves, accompanied by
synchronicities and/or phenomena in the physical realm after reading the book.

"Some of the most lucid and loving spiritual advice/wisdom I have ever read"
- anon reader

"...based on what she read ... She said she knew the power of the book, without a
whisper of a doubt, and that all was well in all the universes." - review, Good Works
on Earth

"This book by Wynn Free is about David Wilcock and Edgar Cayce and his return, it
is about our Oneness, it is a book that will arrive in your hands with magics
accompanying its very arrival." - Good Works on Earth

http://speedoflove.iwarp.com/caycesback2/Page_1x.htm 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Atlantean Hero

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 02:17:16 pm »

I don't know, Desiree.  There are others who maintain that he is their "Spirit
Guide" and one of them is a 'healer'.

Plus, I re-read recently (can't remember where) that he predicted his next re-
incarnation to be at the end of this century.  I hope to run into it that informa-
tion again.

All I can tell you is my own experiences.  This guy must be at least twenty
years old, right?  Well, E.C. 'guides' me as recently as last week.  Total strangers
have described a "gentleman" just like E.C. standing beside me, so I can't be
imagining things.  This has been going on for years.

Sometimes, the 'guiding' is very subtle.  He has been 'nudging' me for at least
the last six months.  As usual, I am like 'from Missouri' and I need some proof
with what comes to me.  Plus I didn't know what 'he' wanted this time. 

Well, I got my proof last week.  On impulse, I renewed my subscription to ARE.
I let it lapse about seven/eight years ago, not just because of the price, but
also because they were pursuing topics that I wasn't interested in.

I told the lady at ARE to look me up on her computer and she said that my last
contact with them was too old to be on record.  After taking all the necessary
'stuff', she went to enter my data and, lo and behold, there it was on the
computer, together with my latest address!  I HAVE MOVED TWICE SINCE I
WAS A SUBSCRIBER!!

Nothing was more important to Cayce than the continuation of THE WORK.  His
legacy is the READINGS.

I heard HIM, I got my proof, and now I try to spread THE WORK......

And here I am, typing away.........

Love and Peace,
Bianca

PS. Thanks for the input, Desi and Unknown!!!

By the way, if they say E.C. would reincarnate in 1998, how come this guy is

31 years old?
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Atlantean Hero

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 02:18:56 pm »

Oh, Desiree,

Another 'close and dear'  person to both of us is Greg Little.  I doubt he has
better fans!  As bonus to my subscription I received a copy of his EDGAR CAYCE'S
ATLANTIS from which I have already quoted in this section.  Co-authors are his
wife Lora and John VanAuken of the ARE.

There is lots of info on his dives and I will post them in the appropriate section
when I am through with this.  I also intend to order his other books from ARE,
as I can afford them.

Love and Peace,
Bianca
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Atlantean Hero

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 02:20:22 pm »

Continued

MYSTERIES OF ATLANTIS

Edgar Evans Cayce (E.C.'s Son)
Virginia Beach, Virginia

In addition to readings on Atlantis' three periods of destruction, other readings
push not only the age of Atlantis, but the age of humankind far, far back into the
past.  Not all of these readings are life readings of incarnations in Atlantis.  Some
were given in answer to general questions about the history of the mythical land;
others dealt with the nature of human beings and our relationship to God and others.  The reason for including data from such readings in a chapter on Atlantis is that, according to Cayce, Atlantis was one of the places where human beings first
appeared on the earth.  It was the place where human beings made their most
rapid advancement toward what we consider civilization and it was the place where
the problems people created for themselves came into the sharpest focus.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Atlantean Hero

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 02:22:15 pm »

T H E  C O M I N G  O F  M A N

When and where did human beings originate?  The Atlantis story begins in the far
distant past.  Geology tells us of the skeletons of human beings and their relatives,
yet the Cayce story is far more complex.  Cayce describes our spiritual origin, our
descent to the physical plane and our gradual evolution to an awareness of our
true spiritual nature.

What were the earliest dates mentioned in the readings?  I found two readings
that gave dates of 10 million and more years ago:

"In the land now known as Utah or Nevada, when the first peoples were separated
into groups as families.......The entity (entity, sometimes called soul entity, refers to
the soul or spirit, that part of an individual which Cayce said survives death) deve-
loped much and gave much to the people who were to succeed in that land, and in the ruins as are found in the mounds and caves in the north western portion of
New Mexico may be seen some of the drawings the entity made.  Some ten million
years ago.  (no.2665-2, July 17, 1925)

In giving such in an understandable manner to man of today, it is necessary that the conditions of the earth's surface and the position of man in the earth's plane be
understood, for the change has come often since this age of man's earthly   in-
dwelling.  Many lands have disappeared, many have reappeared and disappeared again and again during these periods.  At that time, only the lands now known as
the Sahara, Tibet, Mongolia, Caucasia and Norway appeared in Asia and Europe;
that of the southern Cordilleras and Peru in southwestern hemisphere and the plane of (present) Utah, Arizona, Mexico in the northwestern hemisphere.

The man's indwelling was then in the Sahara and the upper Nile regions, the waters then entering the now Atlantic from the Nile region, rather than flowing northward; the waters in the Tibet and Caucasian regions entering the North Sea;  those in Mongolia entering the Pacific; those in the plateau entering the Northern
Seas........(no.5748-1, May 28, 1925)
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Atlantean Hero

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 02:33:59 pm »

DESIREE,

The "old" course of the Nile River that you mentioned previously is described in the

last section of my last post.

Love and Peace,
Bianca
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Atlantean Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2007, 02:35:53 pm »

MYSTERIES OF ATLANTIS

Edgar Evans Cayce (E.C.'s Son)

Virginia Beach, Virginia

The number of human souls then in the earth plane being 133,000,000..............
The period in the world's existence from the present time being 10,500,000 years
ago.  When man came in the earth plane as lord of that in that sphere, man appeared in five places then at once - the five senses, the five reasons, the five
spheres, the five developments, the five nations.  (no. 5748-2, May 28, 1925)

Sixty years ago, (this was written in 1988 - B2001), human history was measured in
thousands of years.  To suggest that human beings, or even humanoid creatures, lived 10 million years ago brought scornful laughter.  Since then, thinking has changed .  New discoveries have rolled back the dawn of humankind millions of years into the past.  In a later chapter, we will examine these discoveries in more
detail and compare them with specific statements in the Cayce readings.  For now, it is sufficient to note that recent scientific discoveries, rather than typically disproving the readings, often tend to render them more probable.

WERE THESE"PEOPLE" AS WE THINK OF THEM NOW?  The Cayce scenario of 10 million years ago was far from the accepted scientific opinion in his time, but is a mild heresy compared to his readings that describe humanity's arrival on earth.
Cayce spoke first of projections by "thought forms" rather than physical beings:
"When there were those developments wherein individuals were able to bring into
being that as would be called in the present through thought"   (no2906-1, September 19, 1931).  ".......Understanding much as to the changes that were wrought through the changing from the thought form to the various associations
with the material things of that period" (no. 268-3, February 15, 1933).

Very few life readings refer specifically to incarnations in this ancient period.  Of the
few that do, the remarks are strange indeed.  One reading states, "..........the entity
was in the Atlantean land and in those periods before Adam was in the earth.  The
entity was among those who were then thought projections, and the physical
being had the union of sex in one body..." (no 5056-1, May 6, 1944).

What do these statements mean?  What is a thought form?  Was not Adam the first man, according to the Bible?

Probably the best way to explain what the readings are talking about is to quote
from a pamphlet originally compiled by Hugh Lynn Cayce in 1935. (Hugh Lynn was
E.C.'s older son - B.2001).   THE COMING OF MAN was based on the no.364 series of readings, the only readings given by Edgar Cayce directly in response to a re-
quest for a lecture on Atlantis. 

more......
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Atlantean Hero

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2007, 02:38:18 pm »

Tom Hebert

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2007, 12:40:23 pm » Quote 

Hi Bianca,

This is all very interesting information!  Is it available on the Internet, or are you typing it from a book?  The reason I am asking is that I might like to buy the book.  However, I am confused by different titles for Atlantis books offered by the A.R.E.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Atlantean Hero

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2007, 02:41:38 pm »

Hi, Tom.  So glad you're here!!!

The book I am typing from is

MYSTERIES OF ATLANTIS REVISITED  (1988)
By Edgar Evans Cayce
     Gail Cayce Schwartzer
     Douglas G. Richards

It is a updated version of

EDGAR CAYCE ON ATLANTIS  (1968)
By Edgar Evans Cayce
     Under the Editorship of
      Hugh Lynn Cayce (E.C.'s older son)

If you go to the <Association For Research and Enlightenment.com> or to
<Edgar Cayce. com> and ckick in their book list, you may not find the older
books.  They seem to be selling mostly the newer publications.

If you call their toll-free number, try asking them to mail you a list of their older
books.  Most of them were printed by their own press.  Anyway practically all of
them were written by first hand witnesses or people who knew E.C. personally.

Most of them will have crossed over by now, so I don't think they would eliminate
them from their stock.  Even Jess Stern (who never met E.C.) who wrote THE
SLEEPING PROPHET ( a name that 'stuck'), left us recently.

Hugh Lynn also wrote at least one book on his own.  I must have it somewhere,
but it is not mainly about Atlantis, so I picked his brother's for this thread.

Let me know how it goes and maybe I can tell you which ones to buy or not.

The more books people buy, the more money there may be for the next
expedition in SEARCH OF ATLANTIS...............

Love and Peace,
Bianca
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Atlantean Hero

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2007, 02:45:04 pm »

Tom Hebert

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2007, 07:55:39 pm » Quote 

Okay, that clarifies things a bit, Bianca.  What threw me off was the title of this thread "Edgar Cayce's Atlantis."  Did you know that Greg Little and John Van Auken wrote a book with that exact title?

http://arebookstore.com/product.asp?pn=612

To confuse matters worse the A.R.E. sells (or used to sell) a book entitled "Edgar Cayce's Atlantis and Lemuria" by Frank Joseph.  Now, this one is a real dud, so I wouldn't recommend it.

I bought the 1968 version of "Edgar Cayce on Atlantis" many years ago.  When they came out with an updated version, I didn't buy it because I thought it would be pretty much like the original, and I had already bought some of the Little books, which are very much overlapping.

However, the background articles that you have been posting sound interesting, and it's nice to have all of this together in one place.  Keep typing!

Tom
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Atlantean Hero

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2007, 02:47:37 pm »

unknown

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2007, 11:19:18 pm » Quote 

Hi Desiree

Thats pretty wild I remember reading that he said the Nile used to flow in the opposite direction. I thought it was pretty wild statement at the time.

Cayces predications about america are pretty scary he predicted a lot of it would be under water.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 04:34:49 pm by unknown »  Report to moderator    Logged 

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum