Atlantis Arisen
April 19, 2024, 10:37:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sprawling Angkor Brought Down by Overpopulation, Study Suggests
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/08/070813-angkor-wat.html

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Lost Season Finale

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Season Finale  (Read 292 times)
Zodiac
Atlantean

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2010, 03:12:35 pm »

CAM         May 24th, 2010 12:00 pm ET

Surprised by how many people are missing so much despite being told so much here by the comments of others and in last night's finale. As Christian told Jack, everything we saw on the island really did happen.
In the end, Jack sacrificed himself for others. (The man of science becomes a man of faith.) Jack died knowing that the plane with Lapidus, Miles, Richard, Kate, Claire and Sawyer left the island and that the island was in very good hands. Hurley was the heart of the show and most of us loved him, and he was left to protect the heart of the island along with a redeemed Ben.

Some of those at the church died before Jack, some a long time after. (Christian says this even.) They are together again now because of the journey they took together and because of how they needed each other. We don't how much time it has taken to get this core group back together, but we can assume since Hurley is there, it has been a long while. And Penny was part of Desmond's journey and his constant. We can even guess since we are told Hurley can make his own rules, that perhaps Desmond got off the island and back to Penny and they lived a good life together.

Someone pointed out that there are those who went with the story and loved the journey and the people. They are probably pretty satisfied. Those who wanted every answer spelled out and a "believable" ending, probably aren't.

Redemption, love, forgiveness, faith– not bad at all...

Flag this comment

The island wasn't purgatory         May 24th, 2010 12:00 pm ET

I think that some of you might be reading the article wrong regarding Desmond "being aware of purgatory on the island". I think the author meant it to be read as "being the only one on the island aware of (sideways) purgatory". This was explained in the finale as being the case. The island was real.

Flag this comment

Michael         May 24th, 2010 12:01 pm ET

I'm curious about the sneaker hanging from the tree, the one Jack stumbled past...

Flag this comment

Michael         May 24th, 2010 12:01 pm ET

I'm curious about the sneaker hanging from the tree, the one Jack stumbled past...

If memory serves, the shoe was an homage to the pilot. You see it as a part of the original "wreckage".

Flag this comment

John         May 24th, 2010 12:02 pm ET

Right on with it being about the journey:

Here are my thoughts after the finale:
http://tinyurl.com/2c5l8vp

Flag this comment

lostie         May 24th, 2010 12:02 pm ET

also...reading about the commercial above...
i absolutley LOVED the target-lost commercials! they were classic!

Flag this comment

alcato         May 24th, 2010 12:04 pm ET

Those of you who still feel let down because some of your questions were unanswered you either missed a few episodes ( like those still wondering about polar bears and the meaning of the numbers) or you did not get the true meaning of the show; it is about the journey, it is about coming to terms with what is important in life and moving on. It is very clear that the island experience was real, Jack's father tells him some of them had died before him and others after.

My interpretation was that Sawyer, Kate, Claire, etc did get of the island and lived full lives and died years after Jack, Kate tells him she missed him so much.

The wreckage of the plane was Oceanic, I think the meaning of the last shot of the wreckage on the beach was meant for the audience to ponder at the place where they all connected, the place where the relationships evolved which is how we cared abut the characters. It was not meant for us to think they all died at the crash.

I did not like Sayid ending up with Shannon. And I would have loved to see a Des & Penny reunion. The other couples' meetings were great and very emotional and I was disappointed that Des & Penny only had a quick shot at the church, that was my favorite couple.
Brilliant acting, congratulations to all involved, in a time of dumbed- down tv this was truly one for the books.

Absolutely loved the last scene of Jack and Vincent. Jack closing his eyes, dying. Same sequence as the beginning shot of the series. Full circle.

It was always about the journey and the love we take with us when we "move on".

Flag this comment

DanLang85         May 24th, 2010 12:04 pm ET

People are soo stupid..........The wreckage at the end had nothig to do with the story whatsover!!!!!!!! It was just a goodbye moment to the original set! How is this so hard to understand?Huh? haha

Flag this comment

Fred Boge         May 24th, 2010 12:04 pm ET

I detected a slight C.S. Lewis influence: The Great Divorce

Flag this comment

Andrew         May 24th, 2010 12:06 pm ET

I H8te Lost But I Used To Love It – Are you simply one of those people who don't pay attention while watching the show? The Polar bear was explained as being brought to the island by Dharma in a season 3 episode, and the Smoke Monster was revealed and explained in season 6. Pay attention!

Flag this comment

Matt         May 24th, 2010 12:06 pm ET

Laura R. is the only person on this board that actually got it. Good job, it was a good story. I loved the religious ending, whichever one you choose, the afterlife with those we loved along the way...what better way can you ask to go? The ending was perfect.

Flag this comment

Tina         May 24th, 2010 12:06 pm ET

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
To the writers, producers, directors, actors and everyone else involved with this TV event. I was original, thought-provoking, and beautiful. This show will be talked about for years to come. You have set a higher standard in quality entertainment with a capital "E". Unfortunately it's back to the cop, hospital, and "reality" shows that have become the norm.

Flag this comment

lost fan         May 24th, 2010 12:06 pm ET

The wreckage was like a memorial to the show. Thats all folks

Flag this comment

Jeff         May 24th, 2010 12:08 pm ET

We've been duped, and I was never that emotionally invested in the show to deny it now. Put a lot of extraneous subplots in the show (chief among them...Jacob and MIB) and raise a lot of questions, to play on our sense of wonder, and then don't answer much of anything. Instead, leave it to the audience to interpret, as people inevitably do when given nothing. Simple, rather than genius, storytelling. The writers have proven themselves to be snake-oil salesmen.

Flag this comment

gladerunner         May 24th, 2010 12:08 pm ET

seems like a 50/50 split who liked it and who not liked it

Flag this comment

Damaris         May 24th, 2010 12:08 pm ET

None of them EVER left the island. If you all note at the very end when they were in the church, Aaron was there as an infant. Desmond and Penny's child was not there.. hence he was never born. Jack and Juliet's son was not there... he was never born. Sun and Jin's daughter was not there. They all died on the island.

I absolutely loved this show. The ending was closure for them and and for me... Great writing and creativity at its best. What other show allows you to use your own imagination and run with it?

Flag this comment

Jayne Ann         May 24th, 2010 12:09 pm ET

I can answer one question. The shoe hanging in the tree/bamboo. In the pilot episodes 1 & 2, a new looking sneaker was hanging there as Jack walked past it. In the final, it was aged as it hung there thru their entire stay on the island.

As for the other unexplained, that's life as we know it.... or we missed the clues!

My guess on the "no children borne alive/mothers survived" on the island resulted from the eletromagnetic properties of the island.

Flag this comment

Vader         May 24th, 2010 12:09 pm ET

Almost as good as the flash forward year. I give it credit. But the rest of the show is annoying. You got no answers. And it is annoying to hear all these Lost people today talking like a cult member. “Man it is what it is, its the island man”...no dumb a#@% it is bad writing. And you cant have a series finale and have a bunch of flashbacks and say that is tying everything together. What is even more annoying now is trying to piece things together. Why did I have to see Sayid die in a temple earlier this year? And Losties will tell you this really long explanation that might in fact answer my question and at the end of it they have redescribed the entire season, but I don’t care at this point. It is like talking about the politics of the Trade Federation in the Star Wars prequels. Who really cares! I like people who dress in white clothes and don’t like people who dress in black! Writers GO! Why does it have to be soooooo confusing now days? Every movie and show seem to be really bad James Bond movies where you stay up at night wondering how James Bond ended up getting double crossed and sleeping with his bosses mothers aunt whom he robbed in the opening scene....

I thought I was solving a riddle, and instead I was watching a TV show. I Lose.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum