Atlantis Arisen
April 17, 2024, 10:05:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sprawling Angkor Brought Down by Overpopulation, Study Suggests
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/08/070813-angkor-wat.html

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Lost Season Finale

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Season Finale  (Read 288 times)
Zodiac
Atlantean

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2010, 03:09:19 pm »

Wes         May 24th, 2010 11:06 am ET

Great ending to probably the greatest TV show of all time. Once we all accepted that we weren't going to get all the answers we've been craving and "let go", it was a lot easier to watch Lost ride off into the sunset. If you focus on the complicated mythos and ignore the journey of the characters then you are missing the point. I don't know if we'll ever see a show as groundbreaking in our lifetimes.

Flag this comment

Mary47         May 24th, 2010 11:06 am ET

Unfortunately missed the season finale, but read the re-cap. The producers ended it appropriately. I kinda figured out about 3+ years ago that everyone was already in the initial plane crash.

The side-flashes didn't really make sense but it was nice to see Ben in an alternate reality of being a good person this season!

All shows must end and all questions never get answered. No one ever completely agrees whether it was good or not.

This show will probably go one like I Love Lucy did in re-reuns for years (probably on another channel) for the people that really didn't want it to end! Goodybye to the Cast and Good Luck on your next Endeavors!

Flag this comment

doggies         May 24th, 2010 11:06 am ET

Did ANYONE else see the tennis shoe on the bamboo as Jack began his last crawl? Now what was that about?
About the only change I would have made would have been to show Jack and Vincent (VINCENT!) before the final scene at the church. Probably just me, but it would have been better to show his death prior to his crossing over.
But oh, wasn't it great?
And forever after, these actors will always be associated with each other, and with "Lost". And that is as it should be.

Flag this comment

Phil         May 24th, 2010 11:07 am ET

I think everyone is missing the ending, everyone died in the plane crash. The island was a intermediate way stop before moving on, a place to deal with unresolved issues.

Flag this comment

jeanne         May 24th, 2010 11:07 am ET

WHAT ABOUT THE DOG?Huh?Huh???

Flag this comment

betty         May 24th, 2010 11:07 am ET

This was an amazing end to an amazing 6 years of following the lives of characters faced with good and evil in the world. Redemption is here for everyone if you accept it and overcome the evil. We face this every day. Some accept and some do not. We will be together forever with those who do. This is what I perceive from the ending. My late husband loved his dog, and I was able to bring him to the hospital for his final days. I know we will all be together in a beautiful afterlife I choose to call Heaven. Well done writers and actors. I will miss you, but you will never lost or forgotten.

Flag this comment

I once was lost         May 24th, 2010 11:07 am ET

To "I H8te Lost But I Used To Love It": First off, let me say that if you're going to use a number in place of letters, get it right – H8. How can you say they didn't explain the smoke monster? It was Jacob's brother after he threw him down the hole. Duh. He could take on the appearance of anyone who had died – himself, Jack's dad, John Locke...

However, I do agree with you that the first few seasons were awesome. I lost interest in it, but continued to watch just because I needed to know how it ended!  Smiley

The finale was great – I teared up at the end. I was almost sad it was leaving.

Flag this comment

Rod Serling         May 24th, 2010 11:07 am ET

The Twilight Zone is a TV classic...not LOST. Sorry, but the writers failed with this series on so many levels.

Flag this comment

The L         May 24th, 2010 11:07 am ET

@ Kelly (I think it was her) Yes, the author did say that pugatory was on the island "Desmond as the only one aware of purgatory on the island makes sense due to his "specialness."" This was in addition to his contradictory statement in the beginning that those of you who guessed the island was purgatory was "not far off".

Flag this comment

Duh         May 24th, 2010 11:07 am ET

Explained in the Finale and on here many times over-they did not die in the plane crash. They were not dead throughout the show. Sheesh.

Flag this comment

KELLY         May 24th, 2010 11:08 am ET

I will have to look at the end wreckage again, but i didn't think the first plane crashed by the statue.

Flag this comment

William         May 24th, 2010 11:08 am ET

They didn't die when the plane crashed. They were at the church after all of them finally died. I think it was Jack's dad who told jack that, "Some [died] before you, some long after". My guess is that Hurley and Ben died long after, maybe hundreds of years. Anyways, what the viewers thought was a parallel universe was actually a waiting room kind of purgatory.

Pretty good ending, but I hope that after re-watching the whole show I will find more easter eggs and clues to some questions.

Flag this comment

whatever         May 24th, 2010 11:09 am ET

"Yes..I too can see the silk robe of the king, the one only WISE can see.."

Thats what all I got to say about hypocritics claiming here to be that they get the meaning of "ending"..

Flag this comment

Stel         May 24th, 2010 11:09 am ET

Loved the finale. Very much an emotional experience. Closure to a great series. Answers, smanswers – (although I'd like to know why women on the island – save Claire – couldn't give birth on the island).

Flag this comment

manu         May 24th, 2010 11:09 am ET

My wishful thinking for the final scene was for all of them to be at the concert and party all night to celebrate their redemption and finding their true love and purpose. I guess that would be lame. Anyways the episodes leading to the ending were worthy of the time spent watching. Hope they can come up with another great show like Lost. Thanks a lot to Doc Jensen for providing illuminatination for each episode. Without his intelligent analysis, I'll be LOST.

Flag this comment

Michael         May 24th, 2010 11:10 am ET

That was absolutely incredible – no one will ever be completely satisfied by any finale for this show, but the producers put together an ending that brought closure to a series that always provoked questions and made us seek for the answers – what am I going to do now?? http://www.thesmogger.com/2010/05/24/and-in-the-end/

Flag this comment

Skier         May 24th, 2010 11:10 am ET

What I don't understand is, if you people hated the show so much (some didn't even watch), then why are you even bothering to read and post here? Let those of us who enjoyed the show enjoy this time together, why don't you get "lost".

Flag this comment

William         May 24th, 2010 11:11 am ET

One more thing... didn't notice the whole ending plane wreck was related to the plane that just lifted off, but that would make since because the was C4 on the plane if you remember.

Flag this comment

Melissa         May 24th, 2010 11:11 am ET

@ Jessica: I assumed that in the church, there is no thing as "time." Well, I guess there's no thing as "time" in purgatory. The people in the church are all ready to move on to the afterlife. So, Ana Lucia, Eko, etc aren't ready yet. Ben (I assume) is waiting for someone else.

Aaron is still a baby, because that's how Jack remembers him. That's why everyone else looks exactly like they did in the 6 years we've known them, no matter when they actually died (before or long after Jack).

That's my 2 cents.

Flag this comment

Loren         May 24th, 2010 11:11 am ET

I'm surprised that the writer thinks that the final episode puts a nail in the idea that the island is purgatory. What their letting go was about was their sin and the act that confirmed they let go was an act of redemption, when they embraced a selfless act. Why could't babies be born on the island? Souls can't be born into purgatory. As to the last flight out, it is also an act of redemption.

In any event, the whole show was the "Dallas dream season", in that it seemed to be a collective dream of life continuing after the crash, when equall likely they all died on impact. There is enough ambiguity in the show and the finale to warrant all sorts of interpretations, but purgatory fits for me.

p.s. It's a shame they didn't start FlashForward next year, it should have recaptured the Lost viewers and is worthy of the attention. Unfortunately, ain't gonna happen now.

Flag this comment

amerc         May 24th, 2010 11:12 am ET

.... sooo there's an island. Some people end up stranded there after a plane crash. There's a bunch of monsters and supernatural stuff they deal with for five seasons. Those things aren't explained, but it's okay because everyone's dead anyway.

Flag this comment

Keesh         May 24th, 2010 11:12 am ET

Kelly – they didn't crash. They made it. Christian said that many people died before AND long after Jack did. There is no 'now' means that people died at all different times, but their awareness in the 'sideways' started at the same time. Kate could have been 70 years old when she died for all we know. Let alone how long Hurley was alive running the island.

Flag this comment

Jaime, Miami FL         May 24th, 2010 11:12 am ET

In a time where reality shows ruled the airwaves, Lost, whether you liked the series or not, took us back to a place I call: "the beautiful lie that is TV". I found myself one again doing some appointment viewing, something I had stopped doing a while ago, may be even more than 6 years ago. I must confess, I did get angry sometimes at the "out there" storylines but deep inside I loved being consumed by the fantasy of Lost, that fantasy we all turned reality just by discussing it. Farewell to my favorite TV show- I thank Lost for allowing to use to words once again, hopefully I can get to used them again.
As for the all the questions that were left an answered, just enjoy watching it over and over again- it will be a while before we get to go to another place like "The Island".

Flag this comment

Big Dog Mom         May 24th, 2010 11:12 am ET

Very Emotional ending. Granted not all questions were answered (never figured they would be!). So the whole thing with Vincent at the end -maybe he was a spirit guardian (like in Native American lore). I'm grasping at straws on some of this....
I thought the plane wreckage on the beach was the original wreckage (looked the same to me)

Flag this comment

Teh Numbarz         May 24th, 2010 11:13 am ET

@ I H8te Lost But I Used To Love It: ... and you stuck with it for another 15 episodes and the series finale, even though you "knew it would suck?"

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here and guess that you have to go to movies alone because nobody wants to listen to your annoying pessimism.

Flag this comment

Henry Hanks         May 24th, 2010 11:13 am ET

For the record, I believe the "flash-sideways" were purgatory, not the island, based on Christian's statement that everyone died at different times.

Flag this comment

D         May 24th, 2010 11:13 am ET

It was fine, I got it, I enjoyed it, I just would of liked a little more love on the whole time travel thing. Afterall, they did spend about 2 seasons on it. Thought that was a bit weak to ignore it.

It ended like it began, all about the characters, which was fine and expected. No problem there. Would of likes a little more pop though.

Its cool though, great cast, great writers, great crew, great show!

Flag this comment

Amy         May 24th, 2010 11:13 am ET

Are you kidding? This is the biggest cop out ever! It's basically a big dream sequence. What was the point of everything that happened on this island? The Dharma Initiative, the Others, the mothers who couldn't give birth on the island, Walt, etc., etc.Huh? If this was all Jack's journey, then why did so many other characters have story lines that had nothing to do with Jack??? The writers gave us "clues" that no one could use to solve the mystery. Lame, lame, lame. This was the biggest 6-year waste of time ever. Shame on the writers for this.

Flag this comment

Eric Draven         May 24th, 2010 11:15 am ET

I was very disappointed in the show last night. The finale was great up to about 15 minutes left. They're all dead? Very weak.

When did they die? The flash sideways began after Juliette detonated the bomb. Was that when everyone died? Why was Penny in the church? She was never on the island. Why wasn't Anna Lucia in the church?

Way too many questions left on the table. Highly disappointed.

Flag this comment

rando         May 24th, 2010 11:15 am ET

Master Obvious: No you were wrong, they weren't dead until the Flash Sideways or as I'll refer to it now as the "Flash Up."

Flag this comment

Margaux         May 24th, 2010 11:16 am ET

Loved the ending... everything was fantastic.. My only sadness was realized that David Shephard didn't exist. So sad! Otherwise, truly epic.

Flag this comment

ume         May 24th, 2010 11:17 am ET

i have never been so infinitely sad to see a show end. The finale was perfect. for everyone who feels everything was not answered, watch it again. all the important issues were resolved throughout the season.

the end was poignant. if only all of could come to terms with our lives!

Flag this comment

Lostfan         May 24th, 2010 11:18 am ET

I absolutely loved the finale!!!!! I'm really going to miss LOST.

The one thing I'm confused about is the wreckage at the end. I am going to have to watch it again but at first I really thought it was Oceanic Flight 815...just a reminder of how it all began but now after reading these posts I'm wondering if it was in fact the Lapidus flight crashing.

I personally love the guess work and the thinking that has come in to play.

Flag this comment

rlupin81         May 24th, 2010 11:18 am ET

" Desmond as the only one aware of purgatory on the island makes sense due to his "specialness." "

The island was not purgatory, the sideways timeline was. Everything that happened on the island was real. Not sure why this is getting so confused.

Flag this comment

Fine Washables         May 24th, 2010 11:18 am ET

My husband and I have never missed a single episode. We love this show, we talk about it, we analyze it. That's why we were so very disappointed with last night's finale. Yes, the sentimentality was there and it was touching, but the storyline? What exactly happened? We don't know. What did it mean about their time on the island? No idea. What about the parallel lives/sideways reality? What did that have to do with anything? Did the people on the plane get away or not? Was everybody dead from the minute the Oceanic flight crashed? Was everybody inside the church dead? If so, was Ben the only one left alive? Why was Charles Widmore trying to destroy the island? What significance could it possibly have had for him? Who built that big wheel under the island that changes time? Why did they build it? Was the purpose of pressing the button and entering the code related to the light? If so, how? Was the light related to the magnetic field? If not, what was the significance of that magnetic field? Why was everyone in the beginning insisting that it was imperative for the survival of mankind that Clare keep her son Aaron rather than give him up for adoption? What was the sickness that Danielle Rousseau talked about, the thing that made all her companions go mad and kill each other? How did that relate to the plot? Why couldn't anyone on the island give birth to a live baby? Why were the Others so set on killing the Oceanic survivors in the first place? Why didn't Richard get older for all those years? I swear, we're not stupid, but we really are, well, lost.

Flag this comment

Drive Shaft Fan         May 24th, 2010 11:18 am ET

I don't believe that every story necessarily has to be a straight-forward narrative, with a clear beginning, middle and end. For me, it's about creating a feeling and an experience – which I certainly got from this series. I had a lot to think about last night, and it's some of the same things I always think about – my journey. Everyone has an opinion. If you watched LOST and it made you feel something, then I would say it did what it needed to do. What are the important things that give your life meaning and who do you think you will re-unite with before you enter the light? I know who I hope is there waiting for me. The show obviously made people think about things in a different way – or made them think about things they never thought about before.

"You All Everybody" = All Is One.
Namaste.

See you all in another life, brother.

Flag this comment

Ralph         May 24th, 2010 11:19 am ET

I came away from the finale the same way I come away from a good meal – filled and satisfied. My sister is shocked that I predicted correctly that Jack would become the new Jacob, only to be killed by Smokey, after which Hurley would become the new Jack. Very satisfying being right about that one. But the scene in the church at the end was a fantastic way to end the show.

I thought it was significant that Ben wasn't ready to move on, probably because he's waiting for his daughter.

Great show beginning to end!

Flag this comment

whatever         May 24th, 2010 11:19 am ET

WHAT? YOU CAN"T SEE THE SILK ROBE OF THE KING?..oh only wise can see it..

Flag this comment

Banana         May 24th, 2010 11:19 am ET

Sorry I'm still confused... but such is LOST.

Flag this comment

Angie72         May 24th, 2010 11:20 am ET

I cried through most of it. But when I realised that they were dead in the "flash sideways" , I kinda was disappointed. All in all it was an, awesome, long, 6 year ride. I am glad I got to see it.

Flag this comment

MCW         May 24th, 2010 11:21 am ET

1. what was the purpose of jack's son in limbo world?
2. why was sawyer a cop in limbo world? ben a teacher?
3. why was aaron a baby in limbo world? (he did not die as a baby)
4. was widmore ultimately good or bad? (his motives were never clearly stated)
5. why was ben given an opportunity to enter the church, but not michael? (ben's actions in life altruistic, michaels selfish?)
6. were those not in church working off worser sins?

just a start

and oh yeah, i'm a pretty macho dude (a tleast in my own mind) and i cried like a baby several times

Flag this comment

I H8te Lost But I Used To Love It         May 24th, 2010 11:21 am ET

Lost fans are as bad as Trekkies, or even worse... Star Wars geeks. Lost fans are completely mindless because everyone was logically thinking or at least trying to logically explain the show until last night and now everyone is piling on the "spiritual" bandwagon. Forget that the finale made no sense whatsoever in relation to the first 5 seasons. The writers could have manufactured any BeeSss and Lost-Fanatics would be like... "I LOVED IT". I call BeeSss on y'all.

Bob Newhart and the Dallas 'Dream' episode. Now you can include Lost finale as the worst show ever!

Flag this comment

DCSumm         May 24th, 2010 11:22 am ET

Love Lost and will miss it, thought the ending was perfect~not all questions in life are answered, but this came close enough. About the island being purgatory, didnt Richard at one point say that it was hell?

Flag this comment

Jaime-take 2         May 24th, 2010 11:23 am ET

In a time where reality shows ruled the airwaves, Lost, whether you liked the series or not, took us back to a place I call: "the beautiful lie that is TV". I found myself once again doing some appointment viewing, something I had stopped doing a while ago, may be even more than 6 years ago. I must confess, I did get angry sometimes at the "out there" storylines but deep inside I loved being consumed by the fantasy of Lost, that fantasy we all turned reality just by discussing it. Farewell to my favorite TV show- I thank Lost for allowing me to use those words once again, hopefully I can get to used them again.
As for the all the questions that were left unanswered, just enjoy watching it over and over again- it will be a while before we get to go to another place like "The Island".

Flag this comment

Steven         May 24th, 2010 11:23 am ET

I started watching lost a little late. I caught up on episodes thanks to series DVD's. Last night when the show finally ended, I just sat, collected my thoughts and thought of all of the many twists and storylines that kept me patiently waiting for Tuedsay nights.

If you know the series and are a "Lostie", than you know. The best part is the show had different meanings to different people. There is no simple black and white answer, it's all interpreted.

I will miss it and I can't wait for some time to go by, so I can watch it over again. They play and we watch Godfather, Forrest Gump, and Star Wars on TV over and over again. Why not watch Lost from start to finish. I'm sure I will see so many things that I missed during the seasons.

I am relieved that it is over, but am having a hard time "letting go".

Flag this comment

Skier         May 24th, 2010 11:23 am ET

Hey Amy, no one forced you to watch the show.

Flag this comment

I H8te Lost But I Used To Love It         May 24th, 2010 11:23 am ET

I am the voice of reason here.

Flag this comment

Bob L.         May 24th, 2010 11:23 am ET

Thought it was great!!
For those of you that were looking for ALL the answers to the series answered, life doesn't work that way & you should be watching The Brady Bunch instead...but come to think about it that was on for years & no one figured out the dad was gay, go figure.

Flag this comment

tony         May 24th, 2010 11:24 am ET

I don't think it was a good ending at all. It left way to many unanswered questions. first off who built that drain with a stone plug? and really, the light goes out the island self destructs? if smoky turns into a human when you pull the plug then how is he a danger to the world and 'everyone'? he's mortal when you pull the plug, just shoot him. oh wait, they did that. evil fixed, let the island sink then and be done with it so no other weird evil person can be made. the other timeline, did nobody see 'happily ever-after' episode? Faraday clearly outlined (with a chart no less) that two time lines had deviated at some large event, like a nuke exploding! and they they may be in a different timeline. was that whole episode a dream? did someone wake up and see Jack in the shower and said they had a dream about it? really! there was great potential to write a super ending that could have resolved the questions about two time lines, about desmond's ability to spread both time events, who the heck the 'mother' was and how she got there? the whole things smacks of a show that was planned to go one season then they had to scramble come up with an ending and never planned it out, middle episodes point to that in years 2 and 3. and one last gripe.. where is Mr. Echo? no church for him?

Flag this comment

pattydiva         May 24th, 2010 11:24 am ET

At the end, where they showed the plane wreckage and there was no one any where I thought that meant they all died when the plane crashed in the first episode. Did anyone else see it that way?

Flag this comment

Helena         May 24th, 2010 11:24 am ET

I wasn't disappointed with the finale. It was heroic, epic, spiritual, and romantic. True love doesn't stop with the person you're romantically involved with, it includes all those who journey with you to whatever destination (or "reality") you move toward. You can ask hundreds, or thousands, of fans their take on the program as a whole and each one will have a different answer. It was mystifying, infuriating, and, most importantly, thought-provoking. Thank you.

Flag this comment

Pat         May 24th, 2010 11:25 am ET

I have loved lost since the very first episode. But the finale was a complete let down to me. I do have to wonder if it's ever worth it again to invest time in something like this if they're just going to take the easy obvious way out at the end. There were so many memorable moments throughout the show that would just drop ones jaw in awe. The finale had none of that and was just about emotion. It should have been a tribute to US, the viewers, not all the initial characters from season one.

The finale may have brought some closure to certain questions but overall it was very unsatisfying.

FAIL!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum