Atlantis Arisen
April 20, 2024, 08:04:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Corals May Have Defense Against Global Warming
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/10/071004-fossil-coral.html

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

John Wall compares self to Derrick Rose

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: John Wall compares self to Derrick Rose  (Read 18 times)
Adrienne
Atlantean Warrior

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2010, 11:18:17 am »

John Wall compares self to Derrick Rose
Presumptive No. 1 pick in NBA draft has a lot in common with Bulls star

John Wall at predraft camp in Chicago. (Charles Rex Arbogast, Associated Press / May 20, 2010)

Related
 Derrick Rose in action
NBA predraft camp updates
76ers agree to terms with ex-Bulls coach Collins
Stories
McNabb wants LeBron on Bulls
 Bears' Urlacher on LeBron: 'He would own Chicago'
How long will it take for Lakers, Celtics to move on?
Topics
NBA
Ohio State University
Evan Turner
See more topics »
XDerrick Rose
California State University, Fresno
LeBron James
Joe Johnson
Basketball
Chicago Bulls
James Anderson By K.C. Johnson, Tribune reporter

6:56 p.m. CDT, May 20, 2010
E-mail Print Share  Text Size

John Wall and Derrick Rose share a common college coach and a common NBA ear from the most sought-after free agent in league history.

And, no, that doesn't mean John Calipari is coming to coach the Bulls and bringing LeBron James with him.

What it means is Wall, the presumptive No. 1 pick of the Wizards in the June 24 NBA draft, has some pretty high-profile friends on which he can lean.

"I talk to (Rose) and LeBron a lot," Wall said Thursday at the NBA's annual predraft camp. "They both had a lot of hype coming into the league. Derrick's a great player and person. I asked him for some advice because he's been through the same stuff I have. We have a good relationship."

Get the Chicago Tribune delivered to your home for only $1 a week >>

Like Rose's one year playing for Calipari at Memphis, Wall credited his one year with Calipari at Kentucky for preparing him to know what to expect as a point guard in the NBA.

"Everybody keeps trying to compare me to Derrick," Wall said. "We play similar with our speed. That's a great comparison. He's a great player, an All-Star. Why wouldn't you want to be compared to a player like that? But I also want my own identity."

What advice has Rose given Wall?

"You have to work hard," Wall said. "And you can't let stuff get to your head. You're going to hear both positive and negative. Whatever is negative, you have to work on. You can tell Derrick puts in the work in the gym to get better."

Bombs away: If the Bulls don't acquire Joe Johnson via free agency, perhaps they can draft him. Coincidentally, Kansas freshman Xavier Henry, Fresno State sophomore Paul George and Oklahoma State junior James Anderson all compared their games to Johnson's.

All three players participated in a spirited draft workout Sunday at Berto Center. The Bulls pick 17th.

"I'm a versatile player," said George, whose stock is rising. "That's what separates me from the other prospects."

Local flavor: Ohio State's Evan Turner, who said he makes 550 3-pointers daily, plans to work out for the Wizards. And while praising Wall, the St. Joseph product said he believes he still can be the top pick.

"Not to be arrogant or cocky, but I won every National Player of the Year award," Turner said. "That gives me inner confidence. I think I can help any team."

As for Notre Dame's Luke Harangody, he has no regrets about returning for his senior season after testing the NBA draft waters last year.

"I'm a better leader and feel older, more confident," Harangody said. "I have a chip on my shoulder this time."

Layups: Several executives called the Bulls' coaching job the league's best vacancy. … George offered a great line when asked if, during his interview with Bulls brass, he promised to deliver James during free agency. "He'd probably take all my minutes," George said. "But we'd be winning, so I'd be cool with that."

kcjohnson@tribune.com

Join us on Facebook for your chance to win an iPad >>
Copyright © 2010, Chicago Tribune

E-mail  Print Reprint  Digg  Twitter  Facebook  StumbleUpon   Share
COMMENTS (3) | Add Comment

Comments: 

01400 characters remaining

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt there is one person whose opinion matters that has said Wall is better than Rose.

CAN71 (05/21/2010, 10:37 AM )

Report Comment

Report item as: (required)

Inappropriate language Threatening language Advertising/spam Other

Additional Comments: (optional)

500 characters limit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,everybody,the good shopping place,the new year approaching, click in. Let's facelift bar!
===== www.vipshopper.us ===

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $30

UGG BOOT $50

Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $33

Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $33

Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30
Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $12

New era cap $9

Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $18

FREE SHIPPING

adlkfjlwewe (05/20/2010, 10:46 PM )

Report Comment

500 characters limit

Can we all just wait for Wall to play at least ONE game in the NBA before annoiting he better than Rose? Come on people, he was great in COLLEGE! If that transfer over to the NBA, then you can start with all the accolades. Derrick Rose is a proven player and is an ALL-STAR. Those are facts. But now people are saying Wall is better? Based on what? He has not even played ONE game in the NBA yet???!!!

primerguy (05/20/2010, 10:21 PM )

Report Comment

500 characters limit

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum