Atlantis Arisen
April 16, 2024, 04:15:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists uncover Inca children's countdown to sacrifice
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2007-10/wt-sui100107.php

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Urlacher on LeBron: 'He would own Chicago'

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Urlacher on LeBron: 'He would own Chicago'  (Read 19 times)
Adrienne
Atlantean Warrior

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2010, 11:10:36 am »

Urlacher on LeBron: 'He would own Chicago'
May 20, 2010 12:00 PM | 40 Comments
By Vaughn McClure

Maybe the Bulls should consider adding Brian Urlacher as a consultant to help lure LeBron James.

The Bears linebacker is one of many hoping the Cavaliers star leaves the comfort of home for the bright lights of Chicago.

"He would own Chicago. That's all there is to it," Urlacher said of James. "I would love for him to come here. I would be at a lot of Bulls games, I'll tell you that much.

"Obviously, he is the best player in the NBA. He is right there with Kobe. I'm a Kobe guy, too, but LeBron's the man. He's the biggest free agent in any sport of all time. No doubt about it."

Urlacher dined at Gibsons along with James, actor Jeremy Piven and others the night before Game 4 of the Bulls-Cavs playoff series.

"He's a good dude," Urlacher said. "I didn't talk to him much, but he's a good guy.

"Everybody always compares him to Michael. What better way to show you're better than Michael Jordan than to come win championships where Michael won championships? I'm not saying he's better than Michael at all, but he has a chance to come prove it to Michael's fans.''

Meanwhile, rumors of  "King James" shopping for a home in Highland Park are not true, a source close to James told the Tribune. The source said James was not even in town.
Click here to sign up for breaking news, business and sports alerts.

Share this story:
Twitter Facebook Email

rated 5.0 by 1 person [?]

You might like:
Paid Distribution
Shaq: Partied every night in Miami and won a title
USATODAY.com

Welcome Back, Brian
Da' Bears Blog
Paid Distribution
Head butt vs **** slap: The CBA Finals on-court skirmish
CNN Go

Zambrano moving to long relief ... for now
this site

Breaking and recently updated stories from Breaking Sports:
Sox Game Day: Sox close deficit to 6-5 i...
last update: 05/20/10 10:20 PM
2 comments Report: 76ers agree to terms with Collin...
last update: 05/20/10 08:38 PM
no comments Cubs' late rally fizzles in 5-4 loss to...
last update: 05/20/10 03:37 PM
22 comments Categories:Bears, Bulls Tags:Brian Urlacher, LeBron James, Vaughn McClure 40 Comments
IrishSweetness on May 20, 2010 10:29 PM
Bullfan, stick to basketball. Don't say stupid things like Urlacher isn't even in the top 10 Bear linebackers list - he'd bull rush ANY Bears linebacker at 260. He has an NFC championship on his CV, so no more BS like that.

Bodhi on May 20, 2010 9:28 PM
Okay, I thought that story about Delonte West and Lebron James' mother was just made up and complete BS. However, Calvin Murphy went on ESPN radio and said that story is absolutely 100% true. He said it definitely happened.

I am still skeptical, but a HOF player like Murphy has come out and said its true.

http://sickhop.com/2010/05/20/nba-insider-calvin-murphy-says-its-fact-that-delonte-west-and-other-players-smashed-lebron-james-mother/

Bullfan2010 on May 20, 2010 8:13 PM
Urlacher is a washed up has been who should have made 2 Pro Bowls instead of the 10 or whatever he made. Can you say OVERRATED!! Who cares about his opinion? He is not even in the same stratosphere as a LeBron James!

Bullfan2010 on May 20, 2010 8:07 PM
Urlacher could have owned Chicago except he may now not have even made the top 10 linebackers in Chicago Bear history. He is long down the line from Butkus, Singletary, George, Briggs just to name a few. How can Urlacher question anything Gale Sayers says? Sayers made the Hall of Fame in like 6 seasons of NFL football. Urlacher says Sayers never won anything? What does Urlacher know about anything except being a tool!! Know wonder LeBron never talked to him that night!

Matt on May 20, 2010 8:01 PM
er...maybe you take yourself a little too seriously there amye? Ya think!

The Dude on May 20, 2010 7:37 PM
amye on May 20, 2010 6:55 PM

BTW, I wonder if he would go to Chicago since he can't wear the number 23 here.

In case you've been living under a rock, he's changing his number to 6 next seaon.

Bullfan2010 on May 20, 2010 7:37 PM
Urlacher could have owned Chicago too except he is one of the biggest idiots to ever play sports in Chicago. Final straw is getting into a war of words with Gale Sayers and Dick Butkus. I used to love to watch Urlacher play until I hear him talk and say soemthing stupid every time he opens his mouth. Hopefully LeBron will not listen to any of his advice!

amye on May 20, 2010 6:55 PM
Yeah, LeBron, just kick Cleveland in the balls even more if you go to Chicago - where MJ already kicked Cleveland several times.

BTW, I wonder if he would go to Chicago since he can't wear the number 23 here.

Go Play In Hell, as far as I'm concerned. That way you can play like **** like you did the last two games, and get burned by the Devil, like you & your teammates burned Cleveland.

DaBulls321 on May 20, 2010 6:52 PM
If Lebron came to Chicago I think he will be the best player and dominate during the regular season, but during the playoffs the tides will turn and Derrick Rose will prove why Lebron scame to Chicago

alan on May 20, 2010 6:47 PM
Trust me I am praying lebron james comes to the bulls but realistically he's not.So Stop writing articles about urlacher or paul silas's opinions.Or fake articles about him shopping for houses etc,etc.He's not leaving the cavs so it looks really pathetic to report non sense everyday.

Plus this is stating the obvious he will own any city he goes to.DUH.Bulls have a cheap owner, 2 imbeciles as General managers and dont even have a coach.YEA right lebron cant wait to get to this bumbling operation that would have zero titles if it wasnt for MJ.LMAO

ejhickey on May 20, 2010 6:19 PM
Some of us just don't care whether LeBron comes to chicago or not.

BrwnSknGurl on May 20, 2010 5:39 PM
To all the folks who do not want to talk or read articles about LeBron possibly coming to Chicago -- stop reading them and commenting. I was just in NY and let me tell you: it's LeBron all day and night long, in the papers, on talk radio, etc. It would be awesome if LeBron came here and all you naysayers would be the first ones jockeying to get a photo with him...get over it! Nothing wrong with a little LeBron mania! And I would certainly rather read these articles about LeBron than read the dozens of articles about senseless violence plaguing our city and communities...

JRO on May 20, 2010 5:36 PM
Perhaps LeBron's big contract could help Urlacher pay for his child support to the many women that have almost bankrupted him...or help him pay for his degenerate brother casey to move out of his brian's condo...or a knee replacement for urlacher so he can get faster and become a factor in the bears defense again...the two could be real pals

Mr.X on May 20, 2010 5:29 PM
ALL HAIL THE KING.........for winning all those championships.

Steve on May 20, 2010 4:02 PM
QUOTE:Who is Rocky Wirtz? Lets go around the country and ask people who they know, Lebron James or Rocky Wirtz? I think you might find the actual answer a little different than you dream.

What a dumb comparison as last I checked LeBron is a PLAYER and Wirtz is an OWNER.. HOW many people know who owns the Cavs? Hmmm? What a Dumb comparison.. Try comparing someone like Kane and LeBron... Depending where you are at you will get different answer. Not to say LeBron is not a hugely popular entity in sports, but c'mon, don't compare an OWNER of a team with a Player of a team...

David on May 20, 2010 3:59 PM
He reminds me too much of Sammy Sosa: big talent, very self-absorbed, unable to step up when it counts and will never be a champion beyond High School. Wilt II (though Wilt I finally won one championship).

It_is_I on May 20, 2010 3:42 PM
Does anyone else on this board understand that Rose and James are GOOD friends? Rose wants him on the Bulls. So... if he does not have a problem with it, why do you?k

Chicagoan in Cleveland on May 20, 2010 3:14 PM
Have any of the people in the "Rose and LBJ can't exist together" camp ever seen the Cavs play?

The reason LeBron handles the ball so much is because Mo Williams, Delonte West and Boobie Gibson are all shooting PGs and not true ball handlers. LBJ has been forced to bring the ball up.

He would thrive with DRose...he could run the wings and crash to the basket. DRose would collect 3-4 APG on alley oops alone.

DWhite4120 on May 20, 2010 3:12 PM
Dude, Hawksfan, first of all, you show me one Cubs fan who jumped on the Sux bandwagon. As a lifelong Cubbies fan, i can tell you that only St. Louis is hated more by North Siders, and maybe not even them. And the Bulls need LBJ, b/c it's been 12 yrs since a title and Chicago is a superstar town. Obviously Michael will always be number one here, but his day is over. It's time to move on. Remember His Airness, but move on with LBJ and more titles, which would follow.

Lance Coardill on May 20, 2010 3:10 PM
Sad stuff. We seemingly value James' type of talent than, say, the pediatric oncologist at Children's Memorial, the pro bono attorney working to free wrongly convicted death row inmates and the hardworking special ed teacher working with a trisomy 21 child/group of children. Don't get me wrong, I love basketball, played it through college, but there's something wrong here. Chicago does not need another pithicanthropus who plays well a kid's game and earns more in one day than any of the aforementioned do in a year. Ego and all

SP on May 20, 2010 2:41 PM
Mike--I so agree with you!!! It would be a terrible move and would effect the entire Chicago Bulls organization. Bosh would be fine. I don't think LBJ and Derrick could co-exist. Why is everyone losing their minds over this dude? He can move to NY, NJ or stay in Cleveland---he is not wanted here. Nuff said!

Hawksfan on May 20, 2010 2:38 PM
Chicago is nothing but a bandwagon town. The Hawks are proving it right now. The defected Cub fans' hopped on the White Sox wagon in '05. When Cutler came to Chicago, more people got on the Bear's wagon. If Lebron comes to Chicago, that wagon will be filled too.

Dan on May 20, 2010 2:35 PM
Ah, but the real question is what number would he wear? Unfortunately, for a town that references the '85 Bears every other comment, King James would always play second fiddle to His Airness. Period.

karlito on May 20, 2010 2:27 PM
That's about as dumb a rumor as I've heard. Why would MJ help recruit LBJ to the Bulls when MJ owns his own team?

Lindsay on May 20, 2010 2:08 PM
Ha! To the person who said no one would know the Bulls or Bears were playing if the Hawks win-- you have to be kidding!

I'm rooting for the Hawks and all, but there's no way hockey will EVER be as big as football in Chicago..

alan on May 20, 2010 1:52 PM
this is 7 consecutive days of lebron articles.

mike on May 20, 2010 1:33 PM
Regarding the statement that LeBron wasn't even in Chicago, thus couldn't have been looking at homes...that is called "plausible deniability". Perhaps he wasn't, but he could have had someone looking FOR him, as many celebrities do.

I think he's going to end up here. I originally thought it was a pipe dream, but hype has a way of shaping reality, and Chicago really is the ideal athlete's town.

Your Opinion Is Wrong on May 20, 2010 1:33 PM
Mike is right on. F LeBron. Lets get Bosh and Johnson instead. It would give us an inside outside game and let DRose penetrate and dish. I don't think DRose and LeBron could co-exist harmoniously.

Creighton on May 20, 2010 1:31 PM
Not to rain on the Hawks fan parade, but given the Hawks playoff ratings, I would say the Bears will own this town no matter what. Always has and always will be a Bears town. Not that the Hawks are not doing really well. But they are a Hockey team, soccer is even more popular in the states. They don't even put up White Sox ratings. Sox won the World series. Still don't own Chicago. It will be really nice if they win it all and the fans will be happy for them, but it won't change anything. They will still be the 5th team in Chicago. Just remember the Hawks play in the house that Jordan Built. Who is Rocky Wirtz? Lets go around the country and ask people who they know, Lebron James or Rocky Wirtz? I think you might find the actual answer a little different than you dream.

Mike Rose will only benifit from James. Bulls don't have the talent to win a title, they need something and he is the best something they can get. Deng is the one who would loose playing time not Rose. Not sure why you think this would effect Rose. Noah is more of a leader than Rose on the team anyway. Pippen managed to put up huge numbers with Jordan, Kobe and Oneil. Why do you care so much about his entourage? All the big names have them, give Rose time and he will have one too. How could Rose not benifit from Lebron? Who are teams going to double? Pick your poison, Rose would see fewer doubles, and he would have someone who he can dish too.

God forbid the Bulls get the best player in the NBA, last time that happened they only one six titles.

Charles on May 20, 2010 1:24 PM
It's Mike and Mike. If any of you boneheads (Scott/Danny) cared to read a little, you'd know that Tom was being facetious. Aww, now the two of you are gonna be little bit__es and attempt to find faults in my arguments cause you're a little buttsore. I tell you what, I'd rather that Chicago attempt to sign-and-trade Deng for Bosh and go for Wade than get LeBron. I have no problem with LeBron, other than the fact that he proved that he's NOT the competitor that Jordan was..... or even like Kobe for that matter. If Wade had LeBron's attitude, he'd be ringless and I'd have to to hear Mark Cuban waving his hand round screaming UNITY for eternity. Eww.

Kevin on May 20, 2010 1:23 PM
Holy cow doesn't anyone understand sarcasm?

You're right Mike F. Surely it's because LeBron hogs the ball that he averaged more assists per game this year than Derrick Rose.

Tom was making fun of Mike F's comment. I'm not sure it could drip with more sarcasm if it was in water.

Mike F and Mike are the say no to lebron group.

I say Toni Kukoc is back in town, let's sign him to a solid 10 day contract. That LeBron character names himself king, and there is only 1 king folks.........and he shows up in those commercials.

CarterHall on May 20, 2010 1:08 PM
Sorry Boys -- Rocky Wirtz owns this town, and if the Hawks bring home the Cup, no one will even know that the Bulls or Bears are playing.

Anne on May 20, 2010 1:07 PM
Urlacher? What's he done lately?

Seymour Butts on May 20, 2010 1:05 PM
The "No To Lebron" crowd is joking, right? I mean, you can't possibly ACTUALLY believe that getting the best player in the League is a bad addition to a mediocre team, can you? If your answer is yes....seek help immediately.

danny on May 20, 2010 12:59 PM
MIKE AND TOM ARE YOU GUYS OK. IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU GUYS. YOUR TALKING ABOUT NOT WANTING LEBRON JAMES MAYBEE THE NEXT ELITE PLAYER OF OUR TIME WHICH IS CURRENTLY 25YRS OLD AND MVP. I HAVE WATCHED THE BULLS FOR A LONG TIME. WATCHED EVERY JORDAN GAME BUT YOU DONT HAVE TO WRITE DISCOURGING THINGS ABOUT LJAMES. ONCE HE COMES AND YOU SEE HOW DROSE AND NOAH RISE TO THE OCASSION AND WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP YOU GUYS WILL DEFINITLY JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON.

Money on May 20, 2010 12:58 PM
LeBron can hog the ball as much as he wants to. I can't believe that some fans would not want LeBron on the Bulls. Probably the same fans who wanted to keep Luol Deng instead of trading for Kobe. You don't pass on elite players PERIOD!!!!!!!

Scott on May 20, 2010 12:43 PM
Tom and Mike F = Clueless basketball fans. It's not pee wee league bball here fellas!

Mike on May 20, 2010 12:41 PM
Am I the only one who isn't completely sold on Lebron in a Bulls' uniform? With him comes the entourage and all his BS, and a demand for the ball.
Excuse me; what is Rose supposed to do?
Rose is the leader of this team. Get a shooting guard and Bosh. Let Lebron stay in Cleveland or wherever the hell he wants to go.

Tom on May 20, 2010 12:34 PM
You're right Mike F. Surely it's because LeBron hogs the ball that he averaged more assists per game this year than Derrick Rose.

Mike F on May 20, 2010 12:20 PM
The only thing he would own is the ball.....on damn near every possesion while the four other Bull players stand and watch his royal highness.

Leave a comment

Name
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum